Office and administrative buildings, as well as residential buildings, are often designed as reinforced concrete structures with bracing cores or walls. Besides the typical proof of adherence to standards, Exponent offers numerous close-to-reality investigation/analysis methods that can benefit the client in two ways: a heightened level of safety as well as a concurrent savings potential by a reduction in the need of reinforcement. The intensive research of the office founder Prof. Dr.- Ing. habil. P. Noakowski is utilized. His research has been included in numerous publications and guidelines and is continuously developed further for specific project needs.
- Inventory including rebar detection (Assessment of existing structure including rebar detection )
- Crack width measurement , computation and evaluation
- Reinforced concrete calculation using the continuous deformation theory (CDT) with Exponent’s own software developments and implementations in commercial FE software
- Stiffness oriented close-to-reality internal forces calculation
- Consideration of actual constraint effects of temperature, shrinkage, etc.
- Close-to-reality deformation analysis in reinforced concrete construction
- Load capacity reserves of existing buildings
- Optimization of reinforcement amount and layout
- Concrete repairs and structural reinforcements
- Use of tools for planning, appraisals, sensitivity studies
- Collection and evaluation of material samples